At Athleta Gymnastics our priority is to keep our gymnasts safe and healthy, along with their families and our staff. In light of the recent developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to update you on the protocols we have in place to help prevent the spread of illness.
Athleta Gymnastics has year-round strategies in place to keep our members healthy. These include:
• Wiping down and disinfecting high-touch surfaces throughout the day
• Hand sanitizer available at the front desk and in the gym space (however this is limited at the moment)
• We are Encouraging gymnasts and staff to stay home when not well
• Make up sessions for all members to allow gymnasts to rest when they are ill
• Regular venue cleaning to maintain high standard of cleanliness
• We are encouraging all members, and staff to wash their hands thoroughly with warm water and soap and to dry their hands before and after class
• We are also ensuring that all equipment is disinfected at the end of classes by staff
• We have extra coaches available so that staff need to stay home when they are sick or becoming sick (however sometimes we may need to reschedule a class)
• We have cleaning supplies onsite that staff use to do additional disinfection throughout the day
• We are encouraging any sneezing or coughing to be done into the elbow
• Door handles will be disinfected multiples times throughout the day
• Anyone who has travelled internationally will not be permitted to return to the club for 14days after their return, and we will encourage people to self-isolate
• We will require proof of return date if you have travelled internationally to verify
• Any person who has come into contact with someone with corona virus a 14 day exclusion period will apply
• During your exclusion period your membership will continue as normal where you can redeem make up sessions for missed classes in line with our club policies
• In the event there is a confirmed case of corona virus, we will require documentation from medical professionals and clearance of the virus before returning to the club
• All new members will be asked if they have travelled internationally and the same 14 day self-isolation period will apply before they will be permitted to return.
At this time all classes are running as normal. We advise to keep your child away from the gym if they are showing cold or flu like symptoms and to reschedule your class for another day when they are well again. We can assure your child will not miss out if they take a sick day.
We appreciate your attentiveness to this matter and your help in keeping our community safe!
Thanks, Athleta Gymnastics